Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 17, Mostly Microfilm

Day 17
Start time: 8:00
[1 Hour Lunch]
End time: 5:00
Hours Worked: 8
Total Hours: 134

Most of my day involved cataloging microfilm TDs.  I started the day by checking the records that I worked on Friday morning.  Sevim thought I did pretty good work, but there were some changes that I had to make.  I replaced the OCLC records of the microfilm TDs that had OCLC records and put them into KentLINK as well.  For the original record I did on Friday, I just uploaded to both OCLC and KentLINK.

I also worked on five new microfilm TDs.  Three had regular records that could be mostly copied, one had a German language record that I could derive some information for but had to create a new record for, and thel last one didn't have a record in OCLC, so I had to create an original record.  One of the three that had a record in OCLC had some major errors and it looked like it had been merged with a photocopy record.  I don't have as much detail on the microfilm TDs because I don't keep as good records for those as I do for the ETDs.  Oh well.

The purely original microfilm TD that I worked on today was titled The selection and training of salesmen for the machine tools industry by James D. Robenstine.  The title basically said what this TD was about.  I chose two subject headings:  "Sales personel--Training of" and "Machine-tool industry."  I chose the call number HF5439.8.  Here's the way my subject headings look in Connexion:

650 0 Sales personnel ǂx Training of.
650 0 Machine-tool industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment